- All bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions of Hire. By paying a reservation fee (deposit) you („The Client“) are accepting this Agreement, you are entering into a contract with DJSwakop.com and are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Details of the event, including the fee, will be confirmed by DJSwakop.com in writing following the booking inquiry. Unless otherwise stated, the fee assumes set-up will take place immediately before DJSwakop.com is due to commence.
- A booking is only confirmed by DJSwakop.com once the reservation fee (deposit) has been paid and funds cleared. Until such time as this condition has been met, the booking will be treated as an inquiry only and DJSwakop.com reserve the right to accept an alternative booking without notification.
- Any quotation send is valid 21 days.
- Confirmation of the booking will be provided in writing upon receipt of the reservation fee (deposit). It is important that you check the details of this booking confirmation carefully and inform us immediately if there are any errors as it forms the basis of the amount charged and the service to be provided.
- DJSwakop.com will hold this date exclusively for you from the agreement date and therefore they will continue to turn away all other work. The potential loss of work to DJSwakop.com is real and tangible, and so cancellation fees will be charged. The terms of this Agreement do not allow for cancellation other than by mutual consent of all parties and confirmed in writing. DJSwakop.com will charge the following fees should a cancellation occur:
– Within 60 days of the event: The full agreed fee.
– Within 90 days of the event: 50% of the full agreed fee.
- The reservation fee (deposit) payment will only be returned if notice of cancellation is received four calendar months (or more) before the event date. Cancellations of any type are accepted only in writing. Once we have received your notice of cancellation, we will confirm this to you in writing.
- If not already paid, the balance of the total fee (less any reservation fee and other payments made) must be received as cleared funds by DJSwakop.com prior to commencement of the event.
- It is The Client’s legal responsibility to comply with and ensure that current Health & Safety regulations are in place. A safe electrical supply must be provided. All outside situations (Marquees/Outbuildings) must be dry, undercover and made safe for electrical use and insulated from the ground.
- A minimum clear floor space is required of 3 meters x 2 meters with a head height of 3 meters. As a working area, a solid, stable base must be provided at all times. A minimum of 1 x 13 amp power sockets must be available within 3 meters of the set up area. If other additional entertainment is booked, adequate floor space must be available.
- Should smoke machines be required, it is The Client’s responsibility to obtain prior written consent from the venue management.
- A minimum of 90 minutes is required for setting up and a further 60 minutes to dismantle and load the equipment into our vehicles. This must be taken into account when planning any arrangements.
- In the unlikely event of DJSwakop.com being unable to perform due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness or any other emergency, we endeavour to arrange a suitable replacement.
- The Client realises that whilst we have excellent DJ backup in place, and every reasonable safeguard is assured, the breakdown of any electrical equipment can be an unavoidable occurrence and is often outside of our control. We will however make every reasonable effort to rectify the situation. In the extremely unlikely occurrence of a non-performance, or if a total failure occurs, the client will be refunded in full. In this situation, this will be the full extent of our liability.
- If at any time, DJSwakop.com judge that the working area is unsafe or wholly unsuitable for performance, we reserve the right to cancel the performance with immediate effect. In this circumstance, The Client will be refunded monies paid minus any reservation fee (deposit). This will be the full extent of our liability.
- The Client is responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event. We reserve the right to terminate the performance should any physical/verbal abuse, or intimidating actions be made towards any of our staff. Under these circumstances no refund will be given.
- No other persons or performers may use any of the equipment provided other than by prior consent of DJSwakop.com.
- If performance time is requested in excess of that agreed, this will be at the discretion of DJSwakop.com and subject to additional fees charged at our overtime rate. Any additional fees must be paid in cash in advance of the extra services being performed. All requests for additional playing time must be cleared with the Venue management team beforehand.
- Any delayed set up time and subsequent delayed start time due to the overrun of any prior proceeding, or of situations outside of our control will not warrant any extension of the stated finishing time or any fee reduction.
- During your event we may take photos or films relevant to the marketing of DJSwakop.com. These photos, films or indeed any written feedback may be used on our website and/or social networking sites linked to DJSwakop.com. Please inform us in writing if you do not consent to DJSwakop.com using the photos, films and/or written feedback in this manner.